This class is for children who are eligible for kindergarten in their district the following year. This class will meet Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM. In addition to reinforcing the goals of the younger classes, our Pre-K program aims to prepare children for kindergarten by helping them master:
- Using a pencil or crayon with the proper grip
- Sorting groups of objects in more than one way/patterning
- Being able to identify their own address with the street and town when asked
- Predicting what may happen next in a story, in their daily routine, etc.
- Sharing, taking turns, and working cooperatively with a group
- Following multistep detailed directions
- Staying focused on a specific task for 10-15 minutes